Put to the Picky Mom Test: MacBibs
For the past few weeks Yaya’s Picky Moms have been testing out a locally made bandanna style bib made from MacBibs.
If you have a major drooler, you’ll appreciate how absorbent, soft and stylish MacBibs are. Every Picky Mom said the bibs get an A+ for cuteness and that they received lots of compliments when the little ones were out and about. One mom said she got a lot of ”he looks like a bank robber” comments… but I think the only thing that these little cuties stole is my heart. Check out the adorableness of these babies in the Mac Bibs.
“The bibs are great, especially the designs!”
Tania liked how:
- it washes well (she hung it to dry but most moms just threw it in the dryer and it still held its shape)
- it fit snuggly around neck so no drool runs down the neck
- easy velcro closure on back (does not itch or scratch baby)
- G. doesn’t try to pull it off like he tries to with most bibs
Picky Mom Jessica and Little Miss E said:
“MacBibs held more of Little E’s drool than any other bib or cover, and looked stylish at the same time!”
- At first touch it was very soft and I knew it would be gentle enough to go on my babe
- E. wasn’t bothered by it at all! In fact, she kept it on for the rest of the afternoon
- MacBibs would make a great baby gift
- Picky Mom Jessica just spent some time in Calgary and thought these bibs would be perfect for the stampede. Giddy up, baby!
Picky Mom Alisa and Little Miss C. had mixed reviews:
“There were a few things I really liked about the bib and a few things I did not.”
Alisa said she:
- washed it twice and came out looking good & lots of people always commented how cute it looked
- would prefer snaps instead of the velcro so they do not get caught on things in the washing machine and her daughter can’t rip/pull them off.
- likes the length of the bibs, but thought the neck could be a bit bigger
- thought they were expensive compared to other bibs
Picky Mom Kim and Little Mr. C thought the bibs were a big hit:
“I really liked the MacBib because it acted as a buffer between the drool and his clothes, and kept the wetness off his chest (since his chest is usually soaked with drool). I liked that I could just pull it off him when it became saturated and knew that his clothes were still dry underneath (unlike traditional bibs).”
Feedback from Kim:
- her little guy was cutting his first teeth and he loved chewing on it. She wondered if a gentle curve around the neck (as opposed to the straight cut this bib has) would help the bib stay under his chin and result in less chewing!
- she would like a little more velcro to make it tighter on his neck, but she did think the bib was roomy enough to really grow with her son and last a long time.
- Kim thought the MacBib was very well made (and coming from an engineer that’s a big deal!) “I really like that it has held it’s form through the laundry, travel, and being jammed in and out of a diaper bag. It really is a testament to its construction.”
- Would like to see a package deal offered
- She felt the price point ($12-$15) is reasonable to make it a special going out bib (as they are way cuter than standard bibs) and to have a few in the diaper bag or to give as gifts.
PICKY MOM APPROVED?:
1. The Bib absorbed a lot of drool (Which is the main purpose after all!)
2. The kids didn’t try to rip them off (Big WIN!)
3. They looked cute (Bonus!) and Locally Made (Yay, Vancouver!)